How to Add or Change a Payment Method on Facebook
Managing your payment through Facebook can be a little daunting, especially when you are unsure of where to start.
This blog post helps you address an issue that has cropped up a couple of times in the last two weeks with clients I have been working with.
If you are thinking of starting to do Facebook Ads in the next few weeks, then you need to ensure you have added your business card or PayPal account to your personal Facebook account.
To do this you need to follow these instructions by using your laptop or iPad:
- Open your Personal Facebook page and make sure you’re in the “Newsfeed” area by clicking the F in the top left corner.
- Now go to the other side of the screen and follow the top Blue Bar where you see Name, Create etc and click the tiny Black down arrow at the end.
- If you have already created a Facebook page you will see it here in the drop down menu and further down you will see “Settings” (just above Log out).
- Once you have clicked on that it will take you General Settings and Payments is on the far left of the screen again towards the bottom.
- Once in there click into Account Settings and you can add a debit or credit card or if you prefer PayPal.
Useful to Know
Just a heads up about using PayPal for Ads. They (Facebook) take payment at the end of the campaign when ever that is. However, if you pay by card they then take the whole amount billable at the end of each month. So if you run an ad over the end of month 1 they will take up to then and the balance will be paid at the end of the end of month 2.
Please note this was correct as of April 2019 – Facebook change things around frequently so please let me know if you have found this needs updating!
It’s worth popping back into this area every so often to manage your security and passwords as well. A good habit to get into! Make sure you tell your friends and family about this area so they can also do the same.
You can add and remove websites, tagging, privacy settings and update business integrations too.
More on this next month!